TrailBlazer Applications Available!
The UAB TrailBlazers are UAB’s official student recruitment team. TrailBlazers assist the Office of Undergraduate Admission by providing in-depth information about UAB to prospective students and their families. TrailBlazers are chosen annually and strive to ensure that students know about the diverse academic, cultural, and extracurricular interests found within the UAB community. Thirty highly motivated, energetic, and dedicated students are chosen to represent the Office of Undergraduate Admission at special on-campus recruitment events and campus tours.
Applications are currently available to become a UAB Trailblazer and can be found here or paper applications can be picked up in HUC 260, HUC 440, and UBOB 110. Applications and supporting materials are due at 5:00 PM on January 31, 2012. Return applications to the Campus Tour Center Reception Desk on the first floor of the University Boulevard Office Building (UBOB 110 – 1201 University Boulevard). Be sure to sign up for a mandatory interest session when you submit your application.
Applicants must meet the following minimum qualifications:
- Have a 2.50 overall cumulative GPA (without rounding) at the time of application and throughout their duration as a TrailBlazer
- Be enrolled for the spring semester in which applications are due and the following fall and spring semesters (enrollment in the summer semester is not required)
- Be available to give campus tours during the summer semester
- Be available for a one year commitment
Mandatory Job Requirements include the following but are also not limited to those things shown:
- Attend and observe spring UAB day and event meeting following TrailBlazer selection
- Attend TrailBlazer Retreat and Induction Ceremony during spring semester following selection
- Shadow at least 3 campus tours during the spring semester following selection
- Commit to a minimum of 6 campus tours each month beginning the summer semester after selection (daily campus tours are given at 10:00 AM and 2:00 PM each weekday and last approximately 2 hours)
- Assist with special group tours as needed (beginning in the summer semester after selection)
- Attend monthly meetings and training sessions beginning in the spring semester following selection
- Assist in all UAB recruitment events sponsored by Enrollment Management and the Office of New Student Programs
- Assist with Campus Tour Center needs including phone calls to prospective students, making packets, assisting at the front desk, and more
Popularity: 1% [?]
Here are some more iloveuab.com posts that you may enjoy
- Become a Trailblazer at UAB Trailblazers give campus tours, participate in open house/UAB day, and...
- Speed Dating AND TrailBlazer Applications Trailblazer applications are due Friday, and Speed Dating is coming...
- International Mentor Applications Now Available International Mentors is a program where a UAB student is...