Happy Birthday iloveuab.com! 1 Year
Wow, as of today, iloveuab.com has been in existence for one year. The first post was the Hello World post that starts off all WordPress sites, my actual first post came a month later on January 7, 2009, titled: God Hath Smiteth Walker County Bingo Halls. The last year has been amazing. This site, which started as a personal project, has been extremely successful. I didn’t know it at the time that I made the site, but there was a huge information gap at UAB. Small, and even large, student organizations had a hard time reaching out to students and making their presence known. iloveuab.com has done a TON to fill that need. For me personally, this site has helped me achieve personal goals, as well as my goals within UAB Student Organizations. I think this site had A LOT to do with me becoming Mr. UAB. Now, let’s get to the fun stuff!
I think I owe it to you as a reader of iloveuab.com to give you a little insight into how the site performs. This should be fun. Here are some interesting statistics for you to ponder:
Top 3 most visited pages.
- Car Crashed into UAB Commons - 7,236 views
- Cute UAB Girl of the Month: Jessica Lucas – 3,767 views
- Cute UAB Girl Of The Month: Pamela Hayes – 2,620 views
The Top 10 most viewed pages on iloveuab.com are dominated by the Cute UAB Girls of The Months lol. It’s been said before, but I’ll say it again, people love women! Also, when the Car Crashed into the Commons was the day that iloveuab.com became “popular”. That was a bad day for UAB, a good day for this site.
Top 3 Notable Days for iloveuab.com.
- April 28, 2009 – 7,600 page views – Because of Car Crashing into Commons.
- February 3, 2009 – 1,300 page views – First Cute UAB Girl Post – I was freaking out about that number of visitors!
- September 22, 2009 – 1500 page views – Announcement of Girl Talk at UAB – This post help this show sell out. It was awesome.
The Car hitting the Commons was one of the best days the site had, mainly because we were the only site with good pictures. Also, the first Cute UAB Girl of The Month post was really popular, people REALLY liked that idea (they still do!). And, of course, the announcement of Girl Talk coming to UAB was another huge day for the website, not to mention a huge show when it went down.
Top 3 Referring Sites.
- NCAABBS – This is BlazerTalk UAB Sports Forum
Facebook and Twitter are no surprise, but BlazerTalk is. I didn’t realize they sent that much traffic to the site. Pretty cool.
Top 5 Referring Keywords for iloveuab.com.
- i love uab
- 105.5 the vulcan – Because of this post, which ranked well in the search engines.
- car crashed into commons
Nothing too surprising here. These are the top used keywords to find my website in google/bing/yahoo combined.
Top 3 Funny Keywords for iloveuab.com – These are great
- fun masturbation – This is because of this post.
- how hot are girls at uab – I like to think I am doing my civil duty by helping school recruitment stay high when I see stuff like this.
- animal control uab rooster – I laugh every time I think about that damn rooster. hahahahah
Top 4 most Commented Posts.
- Car Crashes into Commons – 47 Comments
- A Glorious Picture From UAB Vs. Memphis Game in 2008 – 32 comments - One of my Favorite posts of all times.
- Rooster in The Mini Park – 24 Comments
- 105.5 The Vulcan is Now Talk Radio – 23 Comments (Pissed off people still comment on this one every week or so, quite entertaining)
On this list is the Memphis Game post where a UAB student was cold cocked in the face. I thought that this one would appear more on these lists. Like I said, this is one of my favorite posts of all time. It was such a crazy moment, you should have been there!
Here is a graph for you:
Visits by month:
With All that being said. Ill ask a favor of you via a poll.
Here are some more iloveuab.com posts that you may enjoy