Cute UAB Girl Of The Month: Kathryn Thagard
Yeah, yeah, I know I didn’t do a Cute UAB Girl Of The Month last month, but I needed a little break – ya know? Anyways, iloveuab.com is back in the usual swing of things and as I am sure you have noticed, January has ended! We all know what that means! It’s Cute UAB Girl Of The Month time! This month’s Girl is Kathyrn Thagard, a really good friend of mine, she is hella cool and really cute:
Name: Kathryn Layne Thagard
Major: Political Science (Minoring in french)
Home town: Hooooooover, AL
Relationship Status: Happily taken
Facebook Status: “Taylor Swift, please go away. You are so annoying.”
1. How did you end up at wonderful UAB?
I have a ton of family who lives in Birmingham, and I would drive to Birmingham all the time to visit them. During my weekly visits I fell in love with Birmingham. I thought it would be really cool to live in the city, and a wonderful excuse to get out of the suburbs. UAB being located in city has so much to offer for its students, and I thought I would really benefit from it.
Also, I wanted to go to the same school as my high-school boyfriend (or atleast close by). At the time he wanted to go to Birmingham-Southern. So, I thought UAB would be a great way to be able to stay intouch with him and see him often. (He ended up not going to BSC though, and came to UAB with me)
2. What student organizations are you involved in?
3. Have you ever swam in the pool at the Rec Center? I feel like people rarely swim in that pool, consider this like a survey question.
No, I have not been the pool at the Rec Center. I do go to a lot of the workout classes they provide though. TBC is a great class to go to.
4. What’s your favorite band?
It would be a tie between Zero 7 and Beck. I’ll love them til the day I die.
5. Were you at the UAB vs. UTEP game? Did you cry?
I didn’t make it to the UAB vs. Utep game. We had area-wide training for our sorority earlier that day, and I was too exhausted afterwards to go out anywhere. My friend Jennifer texted me after the game, and told me what happened. I felt so bad for the players. They worked so hard, and I felt there pain. GO BLAZERS!
6. How many Grilled Cheese sandwiches have you eaten at one sitting at The Commons?
A big fat zero. I didn’t even know they made grilled cheese sandwhiches. I go straight to the “Classics” and get a big plate of mash potatoes. NOM NOM!
7. It’s Friday night…..who are you with and what are you doing?
I’m with Rob Clifton and the amazing brothers of Tau Kappa Epsilon hanging out at the Teke house.
8. What’s is the best Pick Up line have you ever heard? Did it work?
When I first meet my boyfriend he jokingly said, “Hey, nice breasts!”…………… I guess it worked.
9. Here’s a classic: Let’s say you are stuck on a deserted island for a month, what three items would you want to have with you and why?
1. A laptop. So I could update my facebook status and have it say “I’m stuck on a deserted island, this is not a joke, please get me off.”
2. Burt’s Bees: Beeswax Lip Balm. I never leave the house without it.
3. Rob Clifton. He would be wonderful entertainment to have til the rescue team came and found us.
10. Do you play video games?
Yes. I love love love love Super Smash-Brothers Brawl. I hardly ever win, but someday, I’ll be the champ.
11. Ramen Noodles or Hotpockets?
Ramen Noodles. Always.
12. Have you ever ran from the cops?!
haha yes. I ran away from Hoover cops even though I was perfectly innocent. I was just really scared, and had a natural instinct to run away. I was tackled to the ground by the police officer. It was not a fun night at all.
Popularity: 6% [?]
Here are some more iloveuab.com posts that you may enjoy