Blazeradio.org (UAB’s online college radio station!)
This is a guest post by Elizabeth Simbeck.
I often feel like I can’t study, workout, or even walk on campus without my ipod in my ears. Music is enormously important to college kids on a daily basis. So if we’re always listening to “music,” what is it that we’re listening to? Please, please, please tell me it’s not Rebecca Black’s Friday! An abrupt chill runs down my spine at the sound of her voice saying “7 am…”
Of course, this isn’t an interactive post so I can’t really ask you what music you listen to. So why not tell you what you COULD listen to?
Few UAB students are even aware that we have a student-run radio station on campus. Guess what! There is! You know you walk by the station in the HUC thinking, “What is that??”
Well it’s the headquarters of Blazeradio, UAB’s internet radio station.
As far as I know, the station used to have an FM signal, but public radio bought it out. Now you can only tune in on the internet. It’s really not as complicated as it sounds, because there is a blazeradio app for Itunes.
Blazeradio offers two stations
- a mostly classical station for you to listen to while studying (or if you’re just really into the works of Mozart)
- a student-run radio station featuring everything from classic rock, rap, pop, indie, and talk show format.
Chances are, you’ve never tuned in during the week…so try it out! I co-host an entertainment talk show on Mondays at 6pm called “Monday Nights with Buddy and Liz.” You can check out the full schedule on blazeradio.org
This year, Blazeradio broadcasted the intramural basketball games, and will probably be involved with even more intramural sports next year. Another feature of the station is texting the DJ. You can text Blazer your message to 41411 and the DJ will be able to read it on the radio computer. Blazeradio is hosting a Block Party on the UAB campus on April 11th. You can find tons more info about Blazeradio on blazeradio.org or on Twitter, @blazeradio.
Popularity: 2% [?]
Here are some more iloveuab.com posts that you may enjoy
- 105.5 The Vulcan Is Now a Talk Radio Station?! No more decent rock music, no more Lex and Terry,...
- Volunteer Opportunity: Boutwell Auditorium Warming Station The City of Birmingham, the American Red Cross and Jefferson...
- Happy Birthday iloveuab.com! 1 Year Happy Birthday to iloveuab.com! It's been one hell of a...