How to Tether your Iphone: No Jailbreaking Required!
Ever since Apple announced wireless tethering for the Iphone, I have been super excited. Tethering your iphone to your laptop will allow you to use your iphone as a source for an internet connection on your computer. In other words, your iphone will become a sort of wireless network that your computer can use to access the internet. That means that anywhere your iphone picks up service, you can have a connection to the internet. There have been ways to do this ever since the iPhone 3.0 software update, but this is the first time I have discovered a way that is so simple.
Here’s how you do it:
You can use these steps to tether your iphone to any laptop, Mac or PC.
**Before you get started, make sure that your laptop has the newest version of iTunes installed, and that it is iPhone compatible.
1. First off, visit http://help.benm.at/tethering.php on your Safari Browser on your iPhone. You notice that the web page is formatted nicely for iPhone use.
2. Scroll to the bottom of the list and select your country, USA. – This is very Important
3. On the next page, Select your Mobile Service Provider. AT&T most likely.
4. You will see a screen asking you to Install a Profile, Install. Agree to any prompts that you get on the screen.
5. Once completed. On your iPhone, go to Settings -> General -> Network -> Internet Tethering
6. Set Tethering to On, you will them be prompted to access it via Bluetooth or USB
7. Select USB (Or Bluetooth) and plugin your iPhone via USB
7a. I have also tested BlueTooth tethering and it works beautifully!
8. Tethered Success!
It works wonderfully! Enjoy!
I have to give credit for this little guide to this post, but I figured I would show you how to do it pictures and all.
**Make sure to go easy on how much data your transfer doing this. If you start downloading a bunch of crap you might alert AT&T to your account.
Popularity: 4% [?]
Here are some more iloveuab.com posts that you may enjoy